By allowing ads to appear on this site, you support the local businesses who, in turn, support great journalism.
The Charles H. Morris Center
The Morris Center at Trustees' Garden is a special event, music/entertainment, wedding reception, corporate and private function venue.
This Kehoe room on the third floor of the Glass Tower was the office of the iron magnate, William Kehoe. Built in 1883, the office offered a view of the soon-to-be booming iron company that he bought on the County Courthouse steps two years prior
Kehoe IronWorks Annex
lean-to structure now called the Smithy Annex, served as the blacksmith shop
for the Kehoe Iron Works from around 1898 until at least 1916. During that time, the smithy’s workshop was
equivalent to a current-day welding shop.
Kehoe Teaching Kitchen
When the Kehoe Iron Works was in its prime, the Teaching Kitchen served to store iron molding patterns. The molds were generally made of wood and were hand carved in the patterns that adorn many of Savannah’s iron balconies, railings, and stairways.
Now redesigned as a green room, the space was used originally as a chipping and fitting room for the Kehoe Iron Works. Here the workers chipped away sections of metal that had seeped between the mold halves then fitted the different pieces together before shipping.